FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Honors T&C 2013 downer: Increase in required points & stays for diamond & gold.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:11 pm
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by zachary
I can understand the argument against the former, but what's the argument against the latter? Right now, I've requalified for Diamond. Given the crappy 4th Quarter promo, I've been staying at Marriotts, which offered me a 2 stays = 1 free night (but only at category 1-4 hotels). Because requalifying for me is usually more difficult than this year (I often have my 28th stay between Xmas and New Years' Eve), I would still be at Hilton if they had rollover nights.

I understand that there could be someone who has 120 nights one year and then doesn't have to stay at all the next year if you did rollover nights. But those people have to be few and far between (although they are far more common on FT).

Frankly, Hyatt has a better program, but it simply lacks the number of properties that my travel requires, especially since many of my stays are (way) outside of bigger cities. That's also true of SPG. If it wasn't for that, I'd be gone.
The number of properties is why I maintain status at Hilton now as well. Fortunately I am also able to maintain status at Hyatt for now.

There are a lot of people on the Delta board that hate rollover MQMs, but it gives them more of my business in my case. If I didn't get rollover MQMs I would give some of my business to a competitor hoping for low tier status on a second airline.