FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Honors T&C 2013 downer: Increase in required points & stays for diamond & gold.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:03 pm
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by kanerf
Hee, hee, hee

Starbucks has now jumped into the credit card with bennies fray by issuing a $450 steel card that comes with Gold Status. The card has $400 credit on it, so $50 to purchase it. Now all of the legit Golds get pushed aside by somebody with $450 to waste. Sounds familier doesn't it?
Well if Hilton would start charging $450 for their credit card for gold status and got rid of the Visa Reserve, I don't think many people on here would be complaining at all I wish Hyatt and SPG and Hilton would all allow me to buy Diamond for $450 a year.

You can get gold status at SB for a lot less than $450 a year Seeing you only need 30 drinks, that $450 equates to $15 a drink, pretty expensive way to get status. I am a gold member with Starbucks and am fine with this as a SB shareholder My benefits will remain the same at SB