FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:37 am
LaserSailor

Programs: AADULtArer
The companion match is not automatic,you must designate the match on the website. It can only be changed on a per calender year basis..not hard t o see why this makes sense.

The match does not survive the sponsors death. I don't recall if it suspends immediately or at the end of the year .....too morbid to check....ok, I did, terminates on death divorce or separation. IRROPs in the form of separation (aka doghouse) are considered 'delayed benefits" and do not impact eligibility.

Of course, the dilemma is Son is getting nothing in that scenario, whereas there is potential for the family to have two 1Ks and two Plats..... but Daughter would get 1K and Spouse stay at Plat.
If I'm reading right Daughter will be Plat for 2013, and Gold for as long as she isCompanion match for Spouse B (regardless of Spouse B status. I don't think the companion status of 1k will allow a next generation companion match of 1k, but who knows? Maybe it's worth waiting to get Spouse B 1K companion cemented before submitting the Daughter Companion designation?

Son will have status of "educated about th power of the Matriarchy"

I thought I remembered this, but just double checked

For 2012

Your children, other family members, friends or co-workers are not eligible for this benefit.
On edit ...rules were changed to allow sponsoring individuals residing at same address as designated by MP account, children no longer excluded

Sorry for chaff

Last edited by LaserSailor; Dec 6, 2012 at 4:03 am Reason: merge