FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:36 pm
tyfabes

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stalker
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago.
What had happened was that I had bought 2 cards to the register. Gotten 1 activated and decided not to get a second one.
When I walked out of the store, I went with the wrong card. Got home and got 4002 on trying to load.
Went back to the Walgreen. Store clerk was super helpful and even offered to let me scratch all cards they had in stock to figure out which one was mine. Was also told they had a bunch of cards locked in the managers office which I could check the next day. I declined scratching all they had and went back the next day. The manager had found mine (from the marks left by the swipe on the terminal).

Pretty sure they can't do anything more than that (let you scratch all cards, if at all). So you would be liable.
This is great information -- thanks!

We tried to buy 3 cards in total, but we had some issues getting the cards to ring up properly. The Walgreens in town had a $500 limit on all transactions, so ringing up 3 x $503.95 probably set off some alerts with Chase.

He does have the receipt, but he said there doesn't look to be anything on the card with last 4 digits of the pin number. I'm 3 hours away, otherwise I would drive over and verify.

I'm just really hoping that the 'activated' card didn't get put back into the rack and we walked out with a truly 'unactivated' card.