FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current UA Process for Prioritizing Meal Orders in Premium Cabins [ARCHIVE]
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:51 pm
SF1K

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dayone
You're right. FAs zig-zagging through the cabin and then subsequently slaving over a meal matrix in the galley is so much more elegant.
They don't have to zig-zag through the cabin. They simply ask everyone their first choice and second (although there are only 2 on domestic anyway right - except for PS maybe) then it is quite easy to sort out in the galley.

I also understand dietary restrictions, and since there are no special meals left those people need to either a) bring food b) inform the FA kindly when boarding about the restriction to see if anyting can be done (this is what we recently did on AS - where we had purchased F tickets and since we bought them last minute where in the very last row, neither of us eats beef so I just said to the FA if there is anything that can be done great, otherwise we'll figure it out or buy from the back - they accomdated us). I think FA's should have a bit of discretion on that.