FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:44 am
Sota327

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Delta, UAL
I'm just newly HH Gold.

I booked this resort for a 3 ni stay preceeding Christmas, using HH points I booked a King Partial Oceanview Room.

I was given a "complimentary" standby upgrade to a King Partial Ocean View Room in the Lagoon tower. When I click on th e-Standby upgrades, this is the default request at $0. I'm assuming this is the result of my Gold status and I would get this room if available at check-in.

I was also given several upgrade options at a discounted price. For example, Ocean View or Dolphin View in the Lagoon Tower for $20/ni.

My question is, do I really have to do the standby and pay $20/ni for the Ocean View or Dolphin View in the Lagoon Tower (or other similar upgrades, excluding suites because I'm not expecting a suite), or will I get this room if available at check-in. Obviously, I don't want to commit to paying the $20/ni if it is an upgrade I can get at check-in for free. Or does signing up for the $20/ni e-Standby upgrade get me some type of priority over those that are not paying for this type of room? If that is the case, I'm cool with the charge. I'm just wondering if I would otherwise have been able to get the room at check-in, will they still charge me for it because I've selected the option and committed to pay for it.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Sota327; Nov 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm