FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:14 pm
alrvd83

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by funtrainsf
If UR is anything like Amex Rewards (which I am more familiar with right now), then you will NOT get any SPG points for your stay at the Sheraton. You WILL get elite privileges (like upgrade) based on your elite status with SPG, but no points, no stay credit, no night credit.
I had several questions regarding the UR program and I spoke to a representative with Ur and she answered them all.

When you use UR pts to buy a plane ticket, you will receive all of your elite benefits as well as mileage flown for the trip. The transaction of UR pts takes place on "UR's side" and it represents a dollar value in the airlines eyes...OR for hotels as well.

All the merchant sees is a purchase from the UR reservations department to cover those flight/hotel costs...if it was covered via UR pts or not is irrelevant in the merchant's eyes. All they see is that the costs for the flight/hotel was covered.

So using UR pts for airfare or hotel, you will get pts/mileage in the same fashion as if you purchased it normally with cash/credit/debit etc. I didn't ask about rental cars, but i imagine its the same.

That was music to my ears...this is what i was told

Can you anyone confirm or deny these statements? I hope she told me correct information...