FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:43 pm
crackers8199

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by dc333
I'm batting 100% (2 for 2) with finding better cash pricing via the UR travel site than directly from the providers or even search sites.

I just booked a 1 week economy car rental in HI for January at $195 AI through the UR portal. The cheapest (and identical) rental from thrifty directly is $531, and all agencies on Kayak is $400+.

My second search for the Sheraton Keauhou Bay came in at $135/nt whereas sheraton directly wants $189. Not ready to book the hotel yet but this is a great sign.

One negative I've seen in both examples is little to no explanation of the specific rate policies. Only a generic fine print from the Chase travel provider that never changes. I do like being shown my booking options in both UR points (which I'd rarely be interested in using) and the cash rates.
does the UR travel site charge the full amount immediately for a car rental? is it refundable? i just got the sapphire a few weeks ago and i'm thinking about using the UR mall for my rental in january because, like you, it's much cheaper than anywhere else...