FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions on BusinessElite seat on 777-200ER for travel with infant on lap?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:20 am
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Based on personal experience I will adamantly disagree with this statement. Once a kid starts walking and is active having them on a lap can be a real PITA for all. My wife and I got the luxury of twins behind us beating on our seats throughout an 8 hour TATL flight. IMHO the airlines need to re-evaluate their age limits. BITD two years old was probably fine as loads were much lower and more often than not an extra seat could be utilized. That is not the case today and IMHO after age one they should have their own seat.

None of this matters for the OP. That said I did see parents using a bassinets on my last TATL and it worked quite well for all, PAX, parents, and infant.
At least in this case the OP is being considerate and taking an A or D so they won't be distrubing a seat mate by having a B or C seat and sounds willing to take a front or back row to distrub as few of people as possible.

What REALLY sucks is when you pay for a first class seat on a redeye so you can sleep and then you have someone sitting directly behind you with an infant that bawls almost the entire flight. BOSE headphones will not drown out that noise. And what made it even worse was overhearing a conversation and finding out she was non-rev!!! I should have cleared for sure as a PM if a non-rev sat up front. It was a waste of money not being able to get any sleep. I was almost ready to take my pillow and blanket and see if an EC seat was open.