FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic First and International Business (Caribbean) meals service
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:24 pm
bigmac78

Originally Posted by BA2158
I have to say, I'm getting a little fed up with American and their Domestic First and International Business (Caribbean) meals services.

1. ex-Caribbean Continental Breakfast- 4 hour flight umm Special K and stale looking fruit not impressed but, I wasn't surprised as Continental Breakfast in airline terms almost always means bad.

2. MIA-ORD-MIA Lunch- So I was expecting the "normal" lunch service. Salad/Choice of 2 mains/dessert, no I ended up with just a Salad. How is that lunch. That is a snack service. I feel bad for the crew, they were all so friendly trying to make the flight great.

If AA wasn't part of OneWorld I might have really considered not flying them again. Personally, I find AA Economy unbearable and Business/Domestic First really not worth it. I fly for business and all I really want is a proper meal with a half decent glass of wine on my flight. At least I now know to eat in the airport.

BA2158
Sir, what kind of cheese would you like to go with that whine?

You may need to reset your expectations regarding short hops from an airline teetering on bankruptcy. Based on my experiences with other airlines, AA seems to do the best they can while maintaining their margins.