FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:28 pm
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
ZipCar option(s) around Olive 8

I thought I'd bring a tip over from the Grand Hyatt thread because the two don't necessarily travel in tandem.

With a hat tip to ldsant, I've just spent some time looking at the ZipCar situation - and wow. There are dozens of them around Seattle - at least eight cars within easy walking distance.

(I also didn't know of the Hertz LE outlet right in the GH - which I'm not sure was there when I was last there. Or maybe I didn't consider it because Dollar and Budget were less.)

So, I just entered the Olive 8's address - 1635 8th Ave. - on the ZipCar reservation page. Some of the cars are ".10 mile" away. As low as $8/hr., and that includes petrol and t&f. One could take the rapid transit line in from the airport, walk over, grab a car, take care of business, drop it off, even before checking in. Only deficiency is no partner miles/points.

^

[I have no connection to ZipCar except as a customer.]