FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cabin crew ignoring electrical devices
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:52 pm
chiproos

Programs: AA PLAT 3.8mm, DL gold
Shoot I hope I don't open up a can of worms here but here goes anyway....

Personally I think the electronics rules are a bit silly however they are the rules for whatever reason and in my opinion should be followed.

All too often I see people (especially up front) pushing the envelope and ignoring the FA's plea to turn off all electrical devices. I honestly don't think these people leave their devices on to protest what they feel is a silly rule. I feel more likely these are "very important" middle management business travelers full of self importance and entitlement who probably get little respect elsewhere. It's their way of saying that they are more important than the rest and rules don't apply in their case. These same icons of industry are the ones who have to shout on their cellphone while at the gate to impress the rest of us lowly folks LOL.

In conclusion, I say regardless of how one feels about the validity of the rule, it's the airline's rule and should be followed. Otherwise one might feel the ban on carrying weapons on board is a "silly rule" and we would have chaos. Don't like the rules don't fly.

Just my opinion.