FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:09 am
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mridley2
$$ paid for EC seats is lost if upgraded. Delta clearly definines this in their T&C.

And Elite status is usually posted withing 24 hours of the qualifying flight. Not just on saturdays (that was years ago..) So whenever your account is credited with MQM/MQS that put you over the FO threshold your account will be FO. Right away you should login and select your preferred seats for all upcoming flights (unless you've already paid for EC).

Once your status shows FO then you will qualify for discount EC seats though not before. You will not qualify for FO benefits until your account reflects FO. You'll know when your elite status is updated simply by logging in to your account and checking your membership (general member vs Silver Medallion).

I have no information to offer on the EC sale though so I'm not sure.

Happy Monday! and welcome to FT!!
I took a flight on the last Friday of October and the miles posted Sunday morning but my status didn't change. It changed Sunday evening. FOs get free EC at check-in, and when I was an FO I was never unable to get an EC seat at check-in when I wanted one.

Last edited by Carl Johnson; Nov 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm