FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Apple and getting points [includes hardware and iTunes]
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:57 pm
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Last year on Black Friday Chase had a special for Apple purchases through the Ultimate Rewards mall of 10x...
That's exactly what I would like to do this Friday. I have a brand new Ink Plus that needs some spending, so if there's a 10x deal for Apple gear thru the UR Mall, that would be perfect.

(FWIW, in my many years owning and using Apple hardware, I've found it all extremely reliable, and any sort of extended warrantee is of little value - especially so for something like an iPad, whose only moving parts are the hardware buttons - so I'll take UR points over the extra protection that buying with Amex provides.)

Can anyone who remembers last (or previous) years Black Friday/UR Mall offers tell me....did they announce it in advance (and if so, how far in advance), or was it a last minute thing - wake up Friday morning and it's on? Any other tips for this? I'm gonna buy the gear in the next week or so, figure I might as well leverage the points and help meet spend on my new Ink (or other new card - have a new City Visa and Amex, too).

Thanks.