FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Amex Gives Sky Priority?
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:45 pm
Jazzop

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Just the other day I overheard one of those know-it-all types trying to impress her fanny-packed travel buddies (probably enroute to Branson or a Sandals resort together) with the explanation that her DL Gold Amex would let them board with Sky Priority, "...so let's get ahead of all these other people standing around..." Of course, as they muscled their way through the ring of gate lice and into position just a couple of feet from the blue rug, the first class boarding began, requiring those seated in F to negotiate the Stonehenge of grossly oversized roll-aboards that these amateur travelers didn't fully know how to maneuver.

Then when Sky Priority was called, they pounced quickly, only to be turned away by the GA who correctly looked at their BPs and told them that they were in Zone 1. Well, this lady got indignant and began explaining (in a loud tone) to the GA that the Gold AMEX gave her and her companions Sky Priority Boarding. The GA said something like, "Sorry, take it up with AMEX." so the lady continued to kvetch in that self-directed, yet loud enough to be clearly overheard, mumbling sort of way.

As I boarded in Sky Priority and passed this lady (who refused to move away from the boarding alley), I heard her whinge to anyone who could overhear, "B-b-but I'm supposed to get Sky Priority by having the AMEX card!" I replied simply, "No, you get Sky Priority by flying, dumbass."