FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PUS via NRT or ICN in 10/13?
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:48 am
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah I don't recall the ICN KE lounge having a rest area, except for quiet areas in the club. There are multiple KE clubs around. You have to go through immigration first of course, but think you can stay inside security and go to the transfer desk for your ticket to PUS so you don't have to leave.

Your best bet is probably the DTW-ICN and then ICN-PUS on KE. As you said though the interline baggage is an issue. Previously I would've said to buy the M ticket through DL for your OKC-DTW-ICN leg and then ICN-PUS through the KE website. You can get the ticket through KE for much less than what DL or expedia etc offer... typically a C seat for the Y price.

However, if you can do it as one ticket on DL then its probably worth the extra, since I wouldn't be too comfortable about having to go through getting a bag and security again. Whats the connection time, about 2hr if I recall?
Thanks for the advice. I imagine Z will be easier to find for DTW-ICN, but I am keeping hope alive that I can jump on the ticket fast enough to find Z through NRT so I can fly the new 747. As always, price, Z inventory, and schedule are the major issues.

In terms of the layover, when I posted that particular note I was actually thinking more of the 11 hour layover I have on 9/7/13 when I start in KUL and take KE to ICN then pick up DL on to DTW.