FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] SV: IAD-DXB, 14.9k miles/3.7 cpm, $557 ai
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:11 am
waver99

Originally Posted by ryan754
RE: Lounges, you can pay... I don't know the price. Lounges in RUH/JED are not bad. Tasty food, fresh juice, wifi, showers. Can't complain.

As for the experience, SV is great in my opinion, the new seats are cozy. Service is fairly good, food is decent. Again fresh juice. My big problem is the lack of booze, nonetheless you are going to KSA, and unless you are hanging with the right people.. Well you know the drill..
Surely if you can get a good price on SV it's worth it Saudi Arabia is a very different place, and I would totally recommend a quick visit if you can! Also for those of you who are going out that way check out NAS air, they have super cheap flights in the region! SSH is not a bad place for a weekend, cheap flights and cheap beach resorts. Oh and there is booze!
Thanks for the tip. Just a question about NAS air, will this be flying out of the same terminal as Saudi Airlines? If not will there be a problem traveling from the South to North Terminal without a transit VISA? I assume that flights must be scheduled within 12 hours too in order to avoid getting a VISA which I hear is next to impossible.