FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about travel industry rate [Merged threads]
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:13 am
BKKLEE
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
there are no listed exclusions for travel industry rates:
Earn Points - http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

Originally Posted by markzz2
I am so confused!

I just completed a stay at the Bournemouth UK Marriott and they have only credited me the Platinum 500 welcome gift. No points for my Food and Beverage and room charges and no nights credit.

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times this year and received credit each time.

Phoned the hotel and spoken to like a naughty child and told the Travel Industry rates never get nights/points credit. The attitude of the staff member was so bad it made me angry. She had a real "how dare you even ask" attitude. Then told me to call Marriott Rewards to take up the matter. When I tyried to explain I had used the rate previously she stopped listening and told me it was nothing to do with the Hotel.

The rate was £90 a night, not that cheap actually. And the conditions and amount was exactly the same as the previous twice I stayed.

I think we need some definitive answer about this one. I have 20 or so nights booked this year at this rate and the lack of points/nights credit would influence my choice of hotel as SPG definitely give credits on these rates.

I will contact the MR office and post results later.