FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turks & Caicos Trip Report: Grace Bay Club & Amanyara
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:01 am
Ericka

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by blueline7
I am at Amanpulo now. I was very surprised to learn that the Virtuoso breakfast was only continental here as well, given that at Amandari and Amankila I got to enjoy my favorite bami goreng every morning together with whatever else I felt like. I received a "continental breakfast" card upon arrival, which appears to be designed to clarify precisely what little continental breakfast entails (coffee/tea/hot chocolate, and fruit plate, and juice/smoothie/yoghurt, and bread basket, and a bowl of cereal or oatmeal porridge.

So, since I don't eat breads or cereal or porridge for breakfast, I guess for me, the breakfast benefit turned into a 'free juice with breakfast'...., as I will be ordering what I like anyway....

This is on a six night stay by the way...

Is this a downgrade of Virtuoso benefits, a rule that is not stuck to, or standard for Amanpulo? I now note that on my reservation, it does say "continental breakfast", but I guess it never dawned on me at the time...

By the way, complete trip report will be coming later in November...
This is only the 2nd Aman I've heard of doing this. Better not be a trend.