FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OKC Marriott North - new owners = no hot food in concierge lounge
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:39 pm
lurcher

Programs: AA LT Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
So more information (as I just changed to the Renaissance downtown next week - as well as 8 others on my team).

This is the Marriott on NW Expressway, and I'm typically on a gov. rate (or corporate rate) as a contractor doing work for the state. $189 walk-up rate - are you kidding me? Staff is excellent and bend over backwards for us. TV's are still tube types and limited channel selection drives me nuts sometimes.

The night before, "dinner" was warm pretzels and mustard sauce, really gross. I could care less about dinner, but breakfast is a must with the limited per-diem I'm on. There still is a toaster, but not even a hard-boiled egg - so really no protein available. I joked that I was going to start taking the whole pineapple they have in the fruit tray every day.

For weeks we have been dealing with empty booze bottles in the bar, as they had no money available for restocking the bar. This has been resolved now.

I still just don't get the cheapness of cutting out hot items to your most loyal guest. I mean - eggs and oatmeal can't run more than $50 a day....

It's just a shame that I can stay at a Fairfield inn and get a waffle & hard boiled egg included in the price of the room...

Last edited by lurcher; Nov 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm