Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

OKC Marriott North - new owners = no hot food in concierge lounge

Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat

Hotel just went through change in ownership two weeks ago. Staff gets better bennies - go into lounge this morning and no eggs/oatmeal anymore.

Likely discussed many times before - but really? Hurting your typically most "loyal" road warriors, now with just cereal?

Was thinking about moving before (lack of booze in bar, really high wine prices), bu this will likely do it for me...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:21 pm

I don't know where you are working that put you in the Marriott North but if you're going to change I would head over to the Waterford.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since the MR plat entitlement is to complimentary continental breakfast IMO eggs/outmeal would be over and above this entitlement so the new owners are w/i their rights..........
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi

Originally Posted by lurcher
Hotel just went through change in ownership two weeks ago. Staff gets better bennies - go into lounge this morning and no eggs/oatmeal anymore.

Likely discussed many times before - but really? Hurting your typically most "loyal" road warriors, now with just cereal?

Was thinking about moving before (lack of booze in bar, really high wine prices), bu this will likely do it for me...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Hmmmmm.... by Marriott "North" in OKC, do you mean the high-rise on Northwest Expressway, across from the hospital?

Sad to hear if there's no hot breakfast food in lounge, but it's tough to compete with famous Beverly's nearby!

Let us know what you hear from new management.......
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
since the MR plat entitlement is to complimentary continental breakfast IMO eggs/outmeal would be over and above this entitlement so the new owners are w/i their rights..........
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi
They may be within their rights, but they have just put themselves in the bottom 5 % of all Marriott hotels in the United States for concierge lounge offerings.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:27 am
Suspended

and so, with a sufficient # of other Marriotts, along with other brands, in the same area they've cut their own throats and more then likely those previous returning guests will make alternative reservations at other then OKC North resulting in "positive" feedback to the new owners that their cheapness isn't paying off in the manner they thought it would.............
it's all in the bottom line and guests have a choice by speaking with their wallets...........why do you think the asian CYs have Exec Lounges and other benees only available at FS props - because they were required to, or because it makes good business sense??????

Originally Posted by VA1379
They may be within their rights, but they have just put themselves in the bottom 5 % of all Marriott hotels in the United States for concierge lounge offerings.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by VA1379
there are standards of what must be offered in the concierge/club lounges - from the description given by the OP I believe the hotel is not meeting these standards (but I am going off of limited information here)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:01 am
Suspended

then add Marriott County Hall to the list for when I stayed for 7-nights last year their lounge offered only cold food, not even toast, at breakfast (after 2-mornings decided to eat at nearby restaurant; limited lounge to coffee)............

Originally Posted by socrates
there are standards of what must be offered in the concierge/club lounges - from the description given by the OP I believe the hotel is not meeting these standards (but I am going off of limited information here)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
then add Marriott County Hall to the list for when I stayed for 7-nights last year their lounge offered only cold food, not even toast, at breakfast (after 2-mornings decided to eat at nearby restaurant; limited lounge to coffee)............
Domestic US standards are different from International Standards (but now you have me wondering so I might have to go check them and see if they've been changed)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by socrates
Domestic US standards are different from International Standards (but now you have me wondering so I might have to go check them and see if they've been changed)
Nope - US Domestic standards have not changed...(there is no requirement that the protein be a hot protein and some of the upgraded options are cold but there MUST be a protein), Oatmeal is an optional upgrade...but again the information from the OP is limited so I can't say for sure if the hotel is meeting the standard or not (I'm certain even if they weren't meeting the standards they will be shortly)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
So more information (as I just changed to the Renaissance downtown next week - as well as 8 others on my team).

This is the Marriott on NW Expressway, and I'm typically on a gov. rate (or corporate rate) as a contractor doing work for the state. $189 walk-up rate - are you kidding me? Staff is excellent and bend over backwards for us. TV's are still tube types and limited channel selection drives me nuts sometimes.

The night before, "dinner" was warm pretzels and mustard sauce, really gross. I could care less about dinner, but breakfast is a must with the limited per-diem I'm on. There still is a toaster, but not even a hard-boiled egg - so really no protein available. I joked that I was going to start taking the whole pineapple they have in the fruit tray every day.

For weeks we have been dealing with empty booze bottles in the bar, as they had no money available for restocking the bar. This has been resolved now.

I still just don't get the cheapness of cutting out hot items to your most loyal guest. I mean - eggs and oatmeal can't run more than $50 a day....

It's just a shame that I can stay at a Fairfield inn and get a waffle & hard boiled egg included in the price of the room...

Last edited by lurcher; Nov 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:36 pm

So more information (as I just changed to the Renaissance downtown next week - as well as 8 others on my team).

This is the Marriott on NW Expressway, and I'm typically on a gov. rate (or corporate rate) as a contractor doing work for the state. $189 walk-up rate - are you kidding me? Staff is excellent and bend over backwards for us. TV's are still tube types and limited channel selection drives me nuts sometimes.

The night before, "dinner" was warm pretzels and mustard sauce, really gross. I could care less about dinner, but breakfast is a must with the limited per-diem I'm on. There still is a toaster, but not even a hard-boiled egg - so really no protein available. I joked that I was going to start taking the whole pineapple they have in the fruit tray every day.

For weeks we have been dealing with empty booze bottles in the bar, as they had no money available for restocking the bar. This has been resolved now.

I still just don't get the cheapness of cutting out hot items to your most loyal guest. I mean - eggs and oatmeal can't run more than $50 a day....

It's just a shame that I can stay at a Fairfield inn and get a waffle & hard boiled egg included in the price of the room...

Um.....it was never advertised as"dinner". LOL
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:48 pm

I'm telling you The Waterford is where you need to be staying. Good breakfast (not to mention they have a Starbucks coffee machine that grinds the beans and makes individual cups of coffee) free self parking unlike the Ren. Friendly staff. Heck I might go stay next week just for the heck of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.