FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:40 am
nba1017

Originally Posted by carls888
We are here at FS Las Vegas now and I would stay somewhere else until the renovations are finished. we have had hammering, bandsawing and all sorts of renovation noises in the room directly above us, starting from 6.45am and finishing around 9.30pm.

So much for the tranquil peace from frenetic Las Vegas I was hoping for...

The rooms do need renovating as they are showing their age, but if I had known that the noise would be like this I would have stayed at the MO in a heartbeat.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who was considering where to stay. DH complained this morning about the noise as we requested a quiet room, due to travelling with two small children, but the front desk just said that they would look into it. Fingers crossed we have a better sleep tonight.

That's a pretty poor response. If I was the FS I'd move you to the MO and offer you a complimentary stay once the renovation is complete. It's important for them to maintain their reputation as being an "oasis" in Vegas and 14-15 hour construction periods won't do that.