FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:43 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

jdiver has given a superb overview of the property. I will only add bits and pieces.

We flew into the airport, picked up our rental car, and headed to Tarpys, just 1/2 mile from the airport. We enjoy their food and it is super convenient to the airport. I hadn't paid any attention to the hotel location, so was surprised to find it so close. We went to the traffic light beyond Tarpys and turned left. 2.8 miles down the road was the hotel.

We had better Hilton diamond treatment than reported by jdiver on his stay just a few weeks earlier. We were offered two bottles of water plus a choice of snack each (various chips and candy bars) at the check in desk. We also found water and snacks in our room. We were given 1211 which has a dead on view to the ocean. We were surprised by the traffic noise. The cars go up and down the coastal highway at quite a good speed. We didn't notice it with windows closed but did in the morning. Our room had a new mattress and it was outstanding. We had a great night of sleep.

We had a couple maintenance issues in our room, and had the maintenance man come to our room. He wasn't able to do the repair. The front desk very cheerfully gave me a discount on the room, quite a bit more than I anticipated. We were also given more beverages and snacks for the road. While I truly don't enjoy an Embassy Suite breakfast, staff was very solicitous and checked our plates to see what they might suggest that they could bring. For example, I had a pancake and the server offered to bring syrup.

I don't expect much in service at a hotel of this level. I felt that the staff worked hard to provide a little extra to make it a pleasant stay.