FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HND lounge info
Thread: HND lounge info
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:30 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nkdenton
I have been admitted twice this year to the TIAT lounge at HND. First time by coupon from check-in counter. Today I arrived before check-in was open & used kiosk. The TIAT lounge receptionist filled out a coupon for me but then asked if I was flying bus class, even though I provided my current Delta Diamond Elite card. So beware, it could be inconsistent as to what credentials are accepted - ticket class or elite status. I find this at Korean Air lounges frequently, too.
Did the lounge dragon refuse to admit you because you weren't in business class?

IME at some stations, a business class boarding pass gets you into the lounge OR you can show a lounge invitation which the check in counter gives to elites not traveling in business class. It can be too complicated for the dragons in a contract lounge to know which status is required for lounge admission on all partner FF cards for all airlines the lounge serves.