FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help/Advice with Routing: DCA/IAD-LAX
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:50 am
eleeut

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Talking

Originally Posted by 100% Green
There seems to be one 777 that flies the IAD-LAX route a day, and the rest are a mixture of narrow body jets. Any advice on which is preferred? 777 C or 737 F or A320 F? (I don't fly domestic often, and when I do, it's usually RJ's)
UA "old config" C on the 777 is still superior to regular domestic F cabins on the narrowbodies. service is still basically the same, but the hard product includes old international seats w/ footrests and substantially more recline than what you find in the PMUA Airbus + 757 and PMCO 737 + 753. i slept 3 out of 4 hours on the LAX -> IAD yesterday on the PMUA 777 in C.

without knowing your constraints, i can't say if its worth schlepping out to IAD.

if you need to stick with UA and prefer to fly out of DCA, the DCA -> SFO -> LAX may be a decent option. the DCA -> SFO route is serviced by a 737-700 with 12 seats in F, but if you are far enough out you may be able to find space to confirm into immediately. i was served a Sundae on SFO -> DCA in the front cabin. i'll also say that i slept about 3 out of the 4.5 hours on this flight as well.