FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking this trip has REALLY got me stumped - anybody? PHL-BOM-TLV-PHL
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:36 pm
suavemom

Programs: UA - 1K, PC - Platinum, Member US, AA, CO, DL, SW
Question Booking this trip has REALLY got me stumped - anybody? PHL-BOM-TLV-PHL

Hi, guys!

Well, I've looked and looked, and I can't figure out the best way to do this, so I thought I'd turn to the experts. Can anyone offer some suggestions for how to book this flight?

I need to fly from PHL-BOM (Mumbai) on Dec 3rd (arriving morning of the 4th). Then from Mumbai to Tel Aviv (TLV) - ideally departing Saturday afternoon or evening, the 8th. Arriving into TLV by noon on the 9th. Then going from TLV to PHL on the night of the 15th or morning of the 16th.

I want to fly *A to get miles (this will push me to 1K!). On the usual booking sites, like Kayak and United, there's nothing showing up at all. Do I have to book PHL-BOM / TLV-PHL and book the BOM-TLV leg separately? What's the best way to do this whole itinerary?

I work for a non-profit, so I have to fly (ugh) economy - so probably need to keep this in the $3-4,000 range. I need 21,300 miles to hit 1K. Assuming that should be do-able, but I don't mind weird routing to make it so.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys have to offer! If you suggest a routing, can you also tell me where/how I can book it? I don't have any of those travel agent tools (but I suppose I'd be willing to sign up for one if that would make the difference).

Thanks for helping a relative newbie who really wants to make the best of this opportunity!!