FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 767-300 / 763 Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra / Economy Seats (consolidated)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:26 pm
DFWDave

Programs: AA PLT/1MM, Hilton Dmd, Marriott GLD, SPG GLD, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hillrider
Given a choice in the future, would you choose 21J or MCE?
Haven't done 21J, or if I have it's been a really long time. I sat in 21G on the return today (non-MCE aircraft) and by looking, 21J has more pitch, but is really cold and has the armrest on the wall, etc. Probably a toss-up if you ask me.

I wondered also about the space behind 13 and that they could have allowed more space than they did, but without the sliding trays, you would almost be too far from the tray to eat from it I suppose. I would suspect that is the main reason they didn't space them out even more. Either that, or they were going by the future specs for MCE when the shrink it to two rows.

On another note, at takeoff, everyone sitting in the middle-3 of 20 got a condensation shower. I hadn't seen that before, but the FA didn't seem to be surprised by it. There had also been a strike by ground workers effecting the food service in MAD. Passengers starting out in MAD got a warning, but those of us connecting from IB received no such warning either at IB club, AA security re-check, or at the gate. I think it impacted J more than Y.