Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 767-300 / 763 Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra / Economy Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Economy and Main Cabin Extra / MCE Seats in Boeing 767-300ER / "763"

Link to SeatGuru 763 seat chart

This thread was previously dedicated to the conversion of the mini-cabin on the 767-323ER to MCE, and has been repurposed to include all seating strategies on MCE-equipped 763s. The 763 mini-cabin has become the MCE cabin with removal of one seat row and row relocation to allow standard Main Cabin / economy seats with extended legroom. MCE has been extended throughout all of AA's 763s. <link>.

mid-2015 update: Following the 763 business CIP (installation of new lie-flat, all-aisle access business seat in a staggered 1-2-1 layout), the mini cabin got downsized; row 11 was removed to make room for the extended business cabin, and there are seven fewer MCE seats. Note the remaining 763 fleet is all the same; no older “NGBC” Business equipped 763s remain.

These aircraft were first introduced on routes to secondary European cities starting in April 2014, and are used for some Europe, South America and Hawaii flights.

Impact of the CIP on mini-cabin MCE seating is rather adverse:
- Bulkhead row 12 in the two-row MCE mini cabin on the refurbished aircraft loses about five inches of legroom compared to the pre-CIP row 11. Legroom is now merely adequate instead of abundant as on the three-row configuration.
- the space behind row 13 has been halved. Although this has no impact on recline, it is no longer possible to stand there and stretch one's legs or place larger objects (such as service animals) there.
configuration.
- IFE / distribution boxes have not been removed and can occlude placing "personal items" under the seat in front of you
- seats with emergency exits or bulkheads immediately behind them may have no / impaired recline.

. . . Row 11 missing: This configuration features MCE from rows 12-13, has new business class.
. . . ● Economy and MCE retain the cigar-lighter style 15 VDC, 75 watt outlets.
. . . ● Economy and MCE will retain the in ceiling video panels (no at seat AVOD) In-Flight Entertainment; bring your own.

The general thread discussing MCE rollout and eligibility can be found here.
Print Wikipost

Boeing 767-300 / 763 Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra / Economy Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Have an LAS-MIA next Tuesday. Put in for 500 upgrade but it looks completely booked so we went ahead and purchased MCE seats. Didn't want to risk it at T-24 even for free .only pair left was 13 middle section. Do these recline normal? It's in the mini cabin
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
AA doesn't have any angle-flat business seats left in the fleet on any plane. The 763 has been lie flat up front for some time now.
Thank you.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
This is the seat map of available seats on a 7763 I'm flying JFK -> CDG next month. I'm going with a friend and our thought process was to take 21J in hopes that 21H gets upgrades, changes plans, etc. We also took 13G and would prefer to sit together, but neither of us want to sit in the middle. We were also considering 20C and G, but I seem to recall the bulkhead is very close to the seats. 12 A, B and H are blocked for airport control, so maybe the best strategy is to move to 12AB. Anyone have any suggestions given the options below? We did also put in for SWU.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
This is the seat map of available seats on a 7763 I'm flying JFK -> CDG next month. I'm going with a friend and our thought process was to take 21J in hopes that 21H gets upgrades, changes plans, etc. We also took 13G and would prefer to sit together, but neither of us want to sit in the middle. We were also considering 20C and G, but I seem to recall the bulkhead is very close to the seats. 12 A, B and H are blocked for airport control, so maybe the best strategy is to move to 12AB. Anyone have any suggestions given the options below? We did also put in for SWU.
I would move to 12CE if I were you, IMO. There's a lot of legroom in these seats, and the forward cabin / minicabin is a nice ride in Y.

You do not want 20/21A or 20/21J. Odd arm rest and cold during the flight in the exit row.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Doesn’t row 12 have fixed arm rests, where row 13 doesn’t? Wouldn’t 13 be a better choice—if you’re not superstitious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.