FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips to reach Gold? (first time poster)
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:36 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stils
MSP- According to the terms and conditions you are correct. They say you aren't supposed to be eligible for the new sign up bonus unless it's been at least a year (or somewhere along those lines) but I upgraded to the platinum in February and then upgraded to the Reserve last week and my 10k MQMs posted yesterday. I definitely would recommend verifying BEFORE making the jump.
GenY- What I would recommend (which I did) is call the number on the back of your plat and ask if you will be eligible for the bonus. After the person on the phone said yes I signed up. I called once to find out and then called a second time to actually do it. Both reps said I was eligible. They checked with a manager or something and came back with the green light.
I'm not talking about getting the credit card bonus miles and MQMs but about being able to receive an upgraded card of the same "type" from the same bank or other institution that issues credit cards. My understanding is that there are some new rules about this, as part of some general consumer protection legislation. As I said, I haven't investigated, so it might matter whether the new card is a replacement for the other account or a new application or.....