FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS-CDG BE options
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:45 pm
Joe747

BOS-CDG BE options

I am trying to figure how best to structure a trip of ca. 3 months BOS-CDG, starting in the beginning of January, buying an economy and using miles to upgrade to BE. There seem to be a lot of variables and I would appreciate any advice or experience. Here is how I see things at this point.

1. Air France direct flight. This is obviously the most convenient option but I don’t think the AF Business has lie flat seats, which I like a lot, and I seem to have read someplace that booking M and B (or the AF equivalent) only upgrades into Premium Comfort and not real Business class. Also, I read that AF has very restrictive upgrade possibilities if I went this route (though I have some flexibility on dates). Finally I think AF prices are basically higher than Delta

2. Delta BOS-LHR with connection to CDG. This flight I have taken before and it has lie flat seats and seems to have fairly good upgrade possibilities. There is, however, a 3.5 layover starting at 6:15 (or earlier possibly) which is a bit grim, though the SkyClub is good, has showers, and a generous English breakfast. I assume I would be able to do with an M fare for around 3500.

3. Delta BOS-AMS with connection to CDG. This is an old standby which I have done often, but has no lie flat seats, a fairly long layover but not as bad as LHR, and I assume the M fare price and upgrade possibilities would be about the same.

Any views, experience or other suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Joe