FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:39 am
MaximusDamon

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
would be interesting to know how the dreamliner will be utilized for the transfer SCL-LIM - i don't think they can beam the aircraft from SCL to LIM yet and I guess they would not fly the aircraft to LIM without anything loaded - unless they use the transfer flight as training flights ...
I believe they are going to fly the 787 tonight as LA600 to Lima. Perhaps they blocked off the availability because they don't want to sell any more seats for the flight just in case...because it's the first time it's flying that route commercially and the flight is likely already relatively full. I'm just guessing, but you are correct that they have to get the plane to Lima somehow tonight and it makes most sense to fly it there with some paying passengers.

The only flight from SCL-LIM showing 0 availability across all cabins is LA600, and we've already heard that they plan to fly the 787 on LA600 in the future, soooo...it makes some sense.