FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:42 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by cmanc
Couldn't agree more on how limited the fitness facilities are- i filled out a comment card during my last stay a couple of weeks ago, was begining to think I'm the only one who thinks like this :-) Here's hoping they do something but not holding out much hope
Glad to hear I'm not alone out there
I hear ya not falling on deaf ears here.
The amazing thing to me is how many of their affluent guests put up with
this in a 5 star hotel or somehow don't care about their health or well being.
It's scary to me and it should be of concern to Hyatt and its very reputation of being a leading hotel company.
Even a 3 star hotel in an airport has better facilities in many cities and countries.At least most Hyatt’s put a priority on this globally.
London appears to be the biggest most noticeable oversight in recent memory.

My guess is they put a lot of investment in the public area and renovation when it went from a tired InterContinental into a revitalized Hyatt.
Ownership couldn't see the ROI immediately as they could a food and beverage venue and just said let it be.

Oddly as much as I like and admire the property the former Park Hyatt Carlton had a fantastic health club with food service in their lounge for years
It was also a awful hotel filled with surly individuals with uncomfortable beds. I’d still rather have it is as we do today and remain a Hyatt Churchill fan.
However I do hope they will one day do the right thing in a whole new era.
Even if they don’t improve their on site facility they owe it to their customers to forge a partnership with a full service facility like Fitness First
where guests can receive a free guest pass or a deeply discounted daily or weekly fee.
Even some Marriott’s that are of much less caliber do so as well as other properties/chains.
Probably more property driven than brand.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 1, 2012 at 9:38 pm