FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DC closing : Summary of questions to be answered
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:19 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
As I said on the Involuntary changes thead
" I'm quite disappointed that they aren't acknowledging involuntary schedule changes in the Q&A nor have they evidently come up with an organised way to deal with changes by each star carrier by now.Is there yet a clear publicly stated alternative to advising us that the only option in the event of a schedule change is to cancel? "

FTer's have struggled to get BMI and * carriers to take responsibility for changes and we've helped each other sometimes get a resolution. I feel very sorry for the majority with future award tickets who lack the knowledge to attempt a resolution short of cancelling. There has been no consistency nor acceptance of resonsibility to fulfil the contract by the ticketing carrier BMI.

Nicci I wonder whether you would like to comment?
So far I have managed quite well to get *A carriers to reroute me on their metal and have BMI re-issue the tickets. I agree that for forced cancellations BA will have ro refund the miles into Avios points; this is how the courts will rule.
My last BMI award ticket is on 1/1/13 with LX from ZRH to BOS and I don't foresee any issues.