FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:07 pm
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
They are not announcing any more comprehensive replacement, nor any enhanced upgrade policy, as many had hoped and had been made to believe.
I read the interview, I followed this thread and Insiders. While I agree they communicated poorly and are taking a long time, I haven't seen anything that qualifies as a lie, nor any statement that they won't be announcing an enhancement. Can you please cite where the confirmed that no enhancement/replacement is forthcoming?

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
While there was never a specific deadline, the woman (Michele I think?) on insiders repeatedly told us to expect something soon, and made it seem that BOGO's replacement was imminent.
I agree that it sounded like it was coming sooner than later, but can you cite where they actually used that terminology in a way that would make a lack of improvement within a year qualify as a "lie"?

I liked BOGOs too, but I can't fathom how they'd be profitable for Marriott and I'm not surprised no other major peers offer them. It was just one benefit of many, and while I agree that they should have communicated better and are overdue for improving their elite perks to catch up to the rest of the crowd, the removal of the BOGO per se is not a huge deal to me. If it is to you, you would logically seek another program that offers one and move your business there immediately.