FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about travel industry rate [Merged threads]
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:28 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
The terms and conditions for this qualified discount does clearly state the terms and conditions of the program
I'll both agree and disagree with you on this.

First, I have never seen any TVL rate T&Cs state anything about MR points being or not being awarded. The rate rules seem to not mention anything concerning the MR program. So I'm not sure i can agree that they "clearly" state the terms concerning whether or not you should receive your points or night credits.

Second, the rates though have been very clear in who can use them (i.e. travel industry employees, TAs, and what forms of id would be required.) If the rate specifically states it is for TAs ONLY and requires their TA indentification, then I knew I couldn't use it. And I don't remember ever trying to use it.

Also, I would expect TAs to understand the rules of using the TA only rates and what they provide. So basically only people who are not really TAs, but trying to use the TA only rate are the ones that might be surprised (assuming they aren't even asked for their id's anyway.)

Note that the only time I have ever been asked to show id proof for a rate with any Marriott hotel has been with the Travel Industry rate. I don't remember ever needing to provide proof even when I used the Gov't rate in the past (though admitedly I have only had a few instances where I needed to use that rate.)