FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleep Hygiene Before, During, and After Travel
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:32 am
Yaatri
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by florin
Originally Posted by DCann
I was surprised (after searching) not to find any posts on sleep hygiene, given that travel adversely impacts our sleep patterns so much. I thought I practiced good sleep hygiene but apparently I was wrong.
That's because nobody calls it "sleep hygiene". Search for jet lag or the like and you will find PLENTY of threads and advice on how to deal with it, including advice on keeping the room dark when you try to go to sleep at your destination.
Actually you are not quite right. CPAP users and people being treated for one of the many sleep disorders have heard this term. It refers to behaviours that are conducive to proper restful sleep.
I shower just before going to bed, not only because it promotes better mask fit, but also because I am more relaxed after a shower. For tha same reason I shower in the morning too and after a sweat.
Ligjting, music and clothing also affect your sleep. As for mask, clean hace free of oils promotes a better seal.

Last edited by Yaatri; Sep 18, 2012 at 3:14 pm