FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:41 am
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by silam
Hi - I've looked through the starwood properties in BKK and have a question. I'm going to be there the last weekend in Feb, landing at 2300 and taking of at 1830. The LM looks to be right near the Grand Palace and Wat Pho, which I thought would be a good thing to do during my day in BKK, but doesn't seem to be close to the train lines.

In light of having 1 day to tourist around (eat somewhere, see whatever day sites I can) and needing to be there for at the airport at 1830 for an int'l flight (which I presume might be around rush hour), got any hotel recommendations?
Royal Orchid Sheraton FOR SURE.

ON THE RIVER.

you can't go wrong. Take a boat up to the Palace and other sites, about a 30 minute ride each way.

The Sukhumvit hotels are nice, but remember, once you are back to the pier at the river, these hotels are about a 30 minute journey on the very busy 'SkyTrain'. The route between the river and Sukhumvit includes a TERRIBLE transfer at SIAM station from the Silom line to the Sukhumvit line. Long lines to board the train mean you may have to wait for the 2nd train before you can board... and at that point it's standing room, shoulder to shoulder...
With luggage, a poor idea, with the only redeeming factor that you have avoided traffic.