FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:25 pm
evq

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by sawan
Some updates......

Just flew back to LAX from TPE. Happened to run into a buddy of mine at the Diamond lounge (a Diamond member, but non-FTer). I must say the shower area is definitely a big improvement. We had the first row all by ourselves. Following things are what we found/ felt about the RL cabin:

1. The seats indeed go all the way flat. But we both found that there's not enough leg room to turn when sleep, as the legs/ knees may bump into the "divider" when seat is in the "sleep" mode. In fact, my friend even joked and said he now has "cluster-phobia" because of that.

2. It may seem like passengers do get more personal storage spaces, but seat 1D and 1G don't get any designated overhead bin space at all.

3. According to the check in agent, Row 11 (which I reserved on-line originally), may NOT recline down to the "full flat" position.

4. Toothbrush is no longer to be found from the over night kit. Rather, they are being placed inside a small basket in the lavatory, just like what ANA does.
yes i also bumped my feet and legs when in flat mode. i actually found that a slightly inclined bed was more comfortable than true flat