FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Voucher and Household Account
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:57 pm
paul.goffin

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Originally Posted by flyoff
I would appreciate some advice on whether I have found a solution to make a booking for 4 people, 1 of whom is not a member of my HHA with 2 Amex 241 vouchers one in my name and one is Mrs flyoff. From what I have researched here and on the Amex and BA website I can't book a ticket for a person outside my HHA. I am also trying to avoid the person outside the HHA joining my HHA as they wish to have an independent account that they manage and control.

I have spoken to the Exec Club about dissolving my HHA but this is not good a solution as I would loose the Avios in my daughters account as she can't hold an account outside a HHA due to her age. Mrs flyoff and I have enough Avios to fund the tickets in each of our accounts so this isn't an issue once she leaves the HHA.

I am looking to remove Mrs flyoff from the HHA account to allow me:
1. Book myself and my daughter one set of tickets with my Amex 241
2. Mrs flyoff to book for herself and the other person with her Amex 241

I can't see any other issues here other than we can't reform the HHA for another 6 months. The Shell and Tesco 2000 bonus points I think should continue as the account numbers won't change.

Can anyone see any downside to this strategy?
I don't see a problem with that plan.

I need to do something similar, but need to remove 1 person from the HHA and add another 2 people.
This will take me to a max of 7 people (inc myself) in the HHA.

Can this change be done in a single transaction?
As my Dad will be moving out the same time my in-laws move in.

I don't really want to have my Dad move out then wait 6 months before adding the in-laws to the HHA.