FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A-List Preferred are now A+ on AirTran; AirTran A+ elites get SWA A- status
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:13 pm
steved5480

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by steved5480
Same situation as Chuck.

Just now called the A+ Elite line, and the story was "Southwest RR members with status were given complimentary status on AirTran in August 2011 for one year (expiring today). The last thing we have been told is that to retain/renew A+ status on Air Tran, these Southwest RR members would need to have flown the required 12 segments over the past year".

The agent (very nice young lady, BTW) did say that "everything seems to be changing by the hour here" (duh!), and it's possible one of the A+ supervisors may authorize an exception for Southwest RR members with status. You should send an email via the link at the bottom of the AirTran website".

Southwest A-List & Companion Pass for several year and A-List Select since RR2.0 - looks like I'll requalify for both for 2013 in another week or so. No idea what/if that counts towards as far as AirTran goes.

I'm sending the email to Air Tran and will report back if/when I hear from them.
UPDATE as promised---

After 10 days of no response from Air Tran, I called them back about 6pm CDT. "We sent you an email on August 27th adivising that as a valued Southwest Airlines A-List Select member, you can extend your Air Tran A+ Elite membership by paying the nominal $399 annual fee". Seriously?

I never received the email, which is dissapointing because THAT one would be worthy of framing :-)

Must say that the Air Tran C/S folks (all 2 of them that I've spoken with) couldn't have been nicer. I thanked the young man for his time.

Oh...in the meantime, I re-qualified for Southwest Airlines A-List Select and Companion Pass over the past weekend.

Life goes on.