Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred are now A+ on AirTran; AirTran A+ elites get SWA A- status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

Just got this email. Seems like a good first step.

Dear Ronbo83:

Rapid RewardsŪ and A+ RewardsŪ are pleased to announce an exciting development in our frequent flyer program integration plans! Starting today, as an A-List Preferred Member you can enjoy reciprocal benefits on AirTran AirwaysŪ flights by activating your complimentary A+ Elite status.

To activate your A+ Elite status, simply click on the button below and complete the form. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. Once processed, you will enjoy special privileges designed to make your travel on AirTran Airways easier, faster, and more enjoyable than ever.

Rapid Rewards and A+ Rewards are committed to maintaining the recognition of our most loyal Members and this is just the beginning of an exciting integration of two great frequent flyer programs. Stay tuned as we continue working to create the best frequent flyer program in the sky!
Moderator note: Reciprocal status was later extended to A-List (aka "A-minus") members. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...te-status.html for discussion.

Last edited by ftnoob; Jul 6, 2012 at 10:58 pm
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I wonder if this means we'll get upgrades? Too bad FL moved out of the really nice, easy and convenient T3 in PHX to the T4 mess.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
AirTran A+ Elite <--> RR A-List matching!

Hi all,

I just received the following e-mail:

"A+ RewardsŪ and Rapid RewardsŪ are pleased to announce an exciting development in our frequent flyer program integration plans! Starting today, as a current A+ Elite Member you can enjoy reciprocal benefits on Southwest AirlinesŪ flights by activating your complimentary Rapid Rewards A-List membership. To activate your A-List status, simply click on the button below and complete the form. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing..."

The fine print:

"Rapid Rewards A-List/A-List Preferred & AirTran Airways A+ Elite Reciprocal Elite Offer: The “Reciprocal Elite Offer” is available to valid Rapid Rewards A-List, Rapid Rewards A-List Preferred, or AirTran Airways A+ Rewards Elite Members only. This offer does not apply to the Rapid Rewards Companion Pass Program or A+ Rewards Companion Travel Program. To qualify, the Member name listed on the accounts of both programs (Rapid Rewards and A+ Rewards) must match exactly. Successfully submitting account information on this form does not guarantee or activate reciprocal elite status. All entries will be verified before processing and activation. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing, activation, and delivery of respective Member cards and materials. Materials will be delivered to the e-mail and mailing addresses associated with the program with which elite status is being activated. For example, an A+ Elite Member activating Rapid Rewards A-List status will receive their A-List materials at the e-mail and mailing addresses associated with their Rapid Rewards account. Rapid Rewards Members who activate A+ Elite status will be granted status with an expiration date of 365 days from processing. A+ Rewards Members who activate A-List status will be granted status with an expiration date of December 31, 2012. A-List and A-List Preferred benefits are available on Southwest Airlines flights only. A+ Elite Benefits are available on AirTran Airways flights only. Members of either program (Rapid Rewards or A+ Rewards) who experience difficulties completing the submission form for reciprocal elite status should contact the dedicated A+ Elite Member desk at 866-508-xxxx. Information marked as “required” on the offer form must be included to process the request. Failure to include required may result in a delay in processing or activation. This offer is non-transferrable. Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways reserve the right to discontinue the Reciprocal Elite Offer at any time and without notice. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. All A+ Rewards rules and regulations apply. Đ 2011

You are receiving this email because you are an A+ Rewards member subscribed as: <HPN-HRL>"

I received this because I am A+ Elite with FL; I assume from the "fine-print" above that A-List and above with WN will receive the reciprocal offer.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I wonder if this means we'll get upgrades? Too bad FL moved out of the really nice, easy and convenient T3 in PHX to the T4 mess.
I don't see why not. I book a lot of last minute Y fares so automatic bumps to first is appealling to me for as long as it lasts.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Subject to availability, yes!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Subject to availability, yes!
and every Airtran Elite says boooo.

Really I don't know how the system would even work for WN A Listers in the time before you have an Airtan Elite number.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Perhaps it's just me but I find it a tad bit ironic that WN elites are excited about flying in BC while they can.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by alggag
Perhaps it's just me but I find it a tad bit ironic that WN elites are excited about flying in BC while they can.
Considering FL has 30" and 31" of pitch in their 717s and 73Gs, it makes flying them slightly more palatable for me.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I agree and see what you're saying but I still find it just a little ironic, humorous, or whatever the appropriate adjective is.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Considering FL has 30" and 31" of pitch in their 717s and 73Gs, it makes flying them slightly more palatable for me.
You can book the exit row for free and its much MUCH more tolerable.

I've had a fair share amount of flying split between Air Tran and Southwest - lately I have to tip my hat more towards AirTran as their stations have typically been smaller and I'm not standing in a line for 30 minutes to get to the counter, and the flight attendants/gate agents have been a heck of a lot more pleasant than a few years ago.

The upgrades are typically done "free" at the gate, but you will sometimes have to ask where you are on the list or how its looking. Air Tran will typically offer upgrades starting at 24 hours out - be it paid or using points... so just like the legacies, there's a chance you won't get upgraded on some trunk busy routes.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Wonder if WN CP holders get anything?

Probably not.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
It would be nice if AirTran flew in and out of BNA.

Wait! I could use SDF. Oops. Another fail. Oh well.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Wonder if WN CP holders get anything?

Probably not.
My offer specifically excluded WN CP holders...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:40 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
Air Tran A+/CR Number

FYI - If you have any questions about A+ Rewards or about your account, you can contact AirTran at 1-888-PLUS-8 (1-888-327-5878). Hours are M-F 8am-12am, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 9pm Eastern.

Their Customer Relations number is 1-866-AIR-CHAT (1-866-247-2428). Hours are M-F 8am to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am to 8pm, Eastern.

Thanks!

Verity
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I have yet to receive this email and I was wondering if there is some sort of link I could use to get to the place where I can exchange status?

I think I may have opted out of emails from Southwest recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.