FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives Water Bungalows - $300-$500?
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:49 pm
sk8uno

Thanks, SanDiego1K. We actually went the Hilton route instead. We were able to book an award stay at the Conrad Rangali. I was a little worried there wouldn't be availability, which is why I started this thread for backup options. But it looks like that won't be necessary!

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've just helped someone organize a honeymoon at the Park Hyatt Maldives. All the units there are villas. There are 3 classes. I won't have the names right, but basically there are those that can be surrounded by vegetation, those on the water and those over the water. If you get the Hyatt credit card, you can get 2 nights of the base villa free. If you get various of the Chase Ink Bold or Chase Sapphire Preferred, you can get 40K or 50K Ultimate Rewards points. (Beware of the minimum spend.) You can transfer these points to Hyatt. One night at the PH Maldives "costs" 22K points. If you want to upgrade to the water's edge you pay $200 per night. People have praised both the property and the snorkeling and scuba diving highly. Be aware that food and excursions are both very expensive. Also, you have to pay to get to the island from Male. That's roughly $500 per person.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

I'm helping my niece organize her honeymoon in Thailand in November. I had seen rave after rave from FTers about the Conrad Koh Samui. I couldn't find award availability at the entry point when I first checked. Yesterday, after reading the upteenth glowing report, I used the flexible date search tool and found availability. I have a Hilton AMEX card, so was able to get her an AXON award for 4 nights for 145K points.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...esort-spa.html

If you have excellent credit, you can make decisions now about which cards to get to make the honeymoon more affordable.