FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone used Discover Card Cashback for National?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:09 pm
Flyer737

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by nightracerx
I actually do not recommend this option offered by Discover. I tried to use a voucher I got from Discover at PHL. The Discover voucher is actually a post-tax coupon, it is simply a deduction of your total rental payment including tax compare to many other coupons that is a pre-tax deduction and taxes calculated based on deducted price.

An example I tried was a $35 entertainment coupon V.S. discover $40 voucher, my total rental payment was actually the same, with Discover lower by about 20 cents instead of $5. Why waste your $20 Discover credit on this when you can get entertainment codes on this site for free and the difference is only 20 cents? Use your Discover credit on something else that's worthy.
I can't find any $35 Entertainment coupons good for one day (or short) rentals. Are they only good on longer rentals? Also keep in mind, it only takes $20 of Discover cash credit to get a $40 National coupon.