FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - canceling a Star Alliance booking. is it still possible?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:35 pm
stobin

Programs: delta gold, hilton gold
canceling a Star Alliance booking. is it still possible?

So, a few months back, in a flurry to use up my remaining bmi miles before the merge, I booked an award ticket from SFO to New Orleans on United for Labor Day wknd.

with Hurricane Isaac wreaking havoc on the gulf, i want to stay home. United has canceled flights for tomorrow. my flight for friday isn't canceled yet. if a United flight is canceled outright, then they are offering rebooks, or refunds. if a flight isn't canceled, they are allowing reschedules, provided you pay the fare difference.

my worry is that since i'm on a bmi award, united will just tell me to call bmi regardless. but according to bmi, all changes to SA awards needed to happen before may 31st.

so before i stay up til midnight (west coast time) to call bmi, i'm wondering if anyone has had luck canceling bmi awards on Star Alliance carriers after may 31st.

i have this feeling i'm going to be out 30k miles. at the very least, i'd love to get bmi's highway robbery taxes back.

any thoughts?