FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sitting in Exit Row While Travelling With Children
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:33 pm
USFdonWill

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tomj888
In HNL ON UA 1690. Seated with my wife in row 7bc
Kids in row 8abc
Returning to LA. Sat in exact same seats on the way out. Queen Purser tells me we cant sit in exit row b/c we have kids behind us. I flipped out saying we did this on way out. She threatened to have me removed from the plane b/c I cursed (said ........). Little queen purser went to gate agent to try and move us or move me off of the plane.
I can't believe this is happenIng. I've flown well over 200,00 miles with kids either in front or behind me when Im in an exit row. Am I wrong?

How can you allow it forever and now change? Why was it allowed for years and not now?
This will def get me out of UA. Thats a revenue stream for a family of 5. This is still going on as we are at the gate. Any advice. More to come
You should be allowed to sit there. I would get the purser's name to file a complaint later. But for now, be polite and do not do anything to give her grounds to kick you off the flight. You may ask to speak with the captain due this on the jetbridge away from the purser.

Just out of curiosity, how old are your kids? If they are on the younger side, I may agree with Antipode. If they are teenagers, I side with you.