FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have 604/605 become seasonal?
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:36 pm
terminalfive

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by raistlin
Alitalia serves prosecco/spumante because it's Italian :-) but anyway, I don't like whites, including champagne, so I don't really care about that.

Re: wines, BA carries 2+2, AZ and AF the same. Once again, I don't see the difference?
Mmm raistlin really can't concur with you on this one. I mean we are way out here

Even to compare to BA vs AZ on wine / drinks list is wrong...
Why??

BA pours massive cash into their wine / spirits list and AZ cuts corners. I'm not criticising AZ nor am I saying that cash always brings you the best wines (or beers for that matter..) but to even start to compare BA with AZ is a tecnical knockout

On my last flight AZ did not have 2 choices of red. One Chianti that was pretty poor so I opted for the "Prosecco". Again pretty lousy - a glass and I'm done

Amaro? Yes please, but none of my favourites are on board. San Simone - they've never heard of it. Averna (that they always used to have) - no longer have it... Tried the one they had - OK but much prefer Averna.

Limoncello - some obscure brand

I'd already tasted the beer (ONE choice) on a previous trip - very poor (in my opinion..). Wish they had kept Nastro Azzuro..

BA? they offer Grolsch and Heineken as largers - two very different tastes - a real choice

raistlin - I really agree with your views vs AF and agree that in terms of the seat AZ wins over BA but on the Wine / drinks list AZ are miles back from the ground (lounges where the difference is HUGE) to the air (where the difference remains)

Does this ultimately matter? Not massively and the bed is far more important but I do believe in being "super partes" with AZ - they are far from being perfect and if you connect from a BA flight in club EUROPE drinking Pommery you'd be pretty disappointed by the selection of drinks on AZ (Italy being also a Wine drinking / producing "heavyweight")

My two cents