Have 604/605 become seasonal?

Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

I just went to book a flight from JFK to MXP in November (and was hoping for the flat bed seating). But 604 and 605 were not coming up on the AZ web site, only a DL codeshare. Anyone have any knowledge about what is up?
Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by S_D_P
I just went to book a flight from JFK to MXP in November (and was hoping for the flat bed seating). But 604 and 605 were not coming up on the AZ web site, only a DL codeshare. Anyone have any knowledge about what is up?
Thanks
AZ is still scheduled to operate 604/605 in November, just generally four days per week. JFK departures are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Believe it or not, I find DL's food better than AZ's.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Sorry man, but there's something wrong with you, believe me
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
+1
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:25 pm

J or Y? In both cases I would say AZ is better.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
J or Y? In both cases I would say AZ is better.
In Y it's much of a muchness, but in J I haven't found yet an airline with better food (tested UA, AF, EY, BA; I'm missing the oriental ones in J though).
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

SQ / CX different league - but to all Euro Airlines
DL 764 flat beds are excellent too and food is fine - it wouldn't bother me too much taking DL over AZ
If you like drinking wine BA has gd choice of wine in J
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive
I found it to be very close to AZ or AF, actually, couple of reds, couple of whites.

Did I miss something?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
SQ / CX different league - but to all Euro Airlines
DL 764 flat beds are excellent too and food is fine - it wouldn't bother me too much taking DL over AZ
Terminalfive, excuse me, you know how much I respect you but exactly which DL flight are u thinking of to say this?
I flew DL 2 weeks ago LHR-JFK in J and - not considering the involuntary diversion to PHL - I found the flat bed average in general (very good of course if compared to their old cradle seats), with the food quite mediocre. I won't spend any word about crew or service since it would be a total waste of energies.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by raistlin
I found it to be very close to AZ or AF, actually, couple of reds, couple of whites.

Did I miss something?
AZ doesn't have a great wine list in my view for J

Both AF and BA are superior

Why?

For one AZ don't offer Champagne and although we can argue long and hard about - Prosecco - Spumante etc etc I do enjoy my Champagne and personally I think it is a partial indication of an Airlines Winelist

BA serve Pomery in Club Europe (excellent - love Pomery)
On long haul over the last couple of years they have served LP - Tattinger - Ayala - Lanson to name a few

BA's choice of reds and whites on the wine list is far more comprehensive than AZ - they normally list 6 - 8 in total (4 + 4) and they carry at least 2 + 2

AF idem - they even serve Champagne in Y!!!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by paffendorf
Terminalfive, excuse me, you know how much I respect you but exactly which DL flight are u thinking of to say this?
I flew DL 2 weeks ago LHR-JFK in J and - not considering the involuntary diversion to PHL - I found the flat bed average in general (very good of course if compared to their old cradle seats), with the food quite mediocre. I won't spend any word about crew or service since it would be a total waste of energies.
paffendorf!!!! Great to see you again on the AZ thread!!!

Well I'll concede this one because you fly far more than I do and I've only flown once on the DL businessFirst seat - yep same route as you LHR - JFK

I liked it and on my flight the food was just fine but I can't say I'm a DL regular. Certainly I can say that I thought the seat was very good - personally prefer it to BA. As I have said new AZ seat better still

Would I fly DL again? Sure and I'd take businessFirst any day over KL or AF (and I'll add LH seeing as you like them so much!)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:32 am

For one AZ don't offer Champagne and although we can argue long and hard about - Prosecco - Spumante etc etc I do enjoy my Champagne and personally I think it is a partial indication of an Airlines Winelist

BA serve Pomery in Club Europe (excellent - love Pomery)
On long haul over the last couple of years they have served LP - Tattinger - Ayala - Lanson to name a few

BA's choice of reds and whites on the wine list is far more comprehensive than AZ - they normally list 6 - 8 in total (4 + 4) and they carry at least 2 + 2

AF idem - they even serve Champagne in Y!!!
Alitalia serves prosecco/spumante because it's Italian :-) but anyway, I don't like whites, including champagne, so I don't really care about that.

Re: wines, BA carries 2+2, AZ and AF the same. Once again, I don't see the difference?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:36 pm

Alitalia serves prosecco/spumante because it's Italian :-) but anyway, I don't like whites, including champagne, so I don't really care about that.

Re: wines, BA carries 2+2, AZ and AF the same. Once again, I don't see the difference?
Mmm raistlin really can't concur with you on this one. I mean we are way out here

Even to compare to BA vs AZ on wine / drinks list is wrong...
Why??

BA pours massive cash into their wine / spirits list and AZ cuts corners. I'm not criticising AZ nor am I saying that cash always brings you the best wines (or beers for that matter..) but to even start to compare BA with AZ is a tecnical knockout

On my last flight AZ did not have 2 choices of red. One Chianti that was pretty poor so I opted for the "Prosecco". Again pretty lousy - a glass and I'm done

Amaro? Yes please, but none of my favourites are on board. San Simone - they've never heard of it. Averna (that they always used to have) - no longer have it... Tried the one they had - OK but much prefer Averna.

Limoncello - some obscure brand

I'd already tasted the beer (ONE choice) on a previous trip - very poor (in my opinion..). Wish they had kept Nastro Azzuro..

BA? they offer Grolsch and Heineken as largers - two very different tastes - a real choice

raistlin - I really agree with your views vs AF and agree that in terms of the seat AZ wins over BA but on the Wine / drinks list AZ are miles back from the ground (lounges where the difference is HUGE) to the air (where the difference remains)

Does this ultimately matter? Not massively and the bed is far more important but I do believe in being "super partes" with AZ - they are far from being perfect and if you connect from a BA flight in club EUROPE drinking Pommery you'd be pretty disappointed by the selection of drinks on AZ (Italy being also a Wine drinking / producing "heavyweight")

My two cents
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Sorry man, but there's something wrong with you, believe me
LOL. Truly. I can barely stomach Delta's meals. I will usually eat before or after flying and skip the meal completely. Though there was a buccatini dish I had a couple of months ago that was pretty tasty.

I found the food on AZ to be much better.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by 18sas
LOL. Truly. I can barely stomach Delta's meals. I will usually eat before or after flying and skip the meal completely. Though there was a buccatini dish I had a couple of months ago that was pretty tasty.

I found the food on AZ to be much better.
No doubt on that

The Icecream sundae is good though on DL isn't it paffendorf!!!!!!^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.