FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loads/Upgrade Chances JFK/MSP to SJU/AUA/GCM
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:24 pm
Teamstone

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Considering the number of people on the MR forum doing MR to SJU, I am betting the front will be full of DM and PMs (if they are lucky). Us GM and FOs won't have much of a chance, I don't think.

Originally Posted by FlyMusic
New FO here after flying the first half of this year and most of last year on Star. Need to take some vacation in the next 3-4 weeks. Was looking to fly from JFK or MSP to either SJU/AUA/GCM. I understand the potential for hurricanes and am willing to risk $150+fare difference if I need to make changes. I am also willing to fly Thursday nights/Friday anytime/Saturday mornings. Any thoughts on which routes historically will yield best upgrade chances or is this another one of those come back to us in a few months when you hit Gold deals? JFK-SJU seems to be pricing in around $250 and AUA/GCM is about double or a little more depending on the date.

Thanks for your expertise!