FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MLOS only on C&P (Westin Palace Madrid)
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:20 pm
DHAST

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by uapremier
I had this same experience with the liberty hotel in Boston. See thread on this.
If you contact the lurkers I'm sure they can help and correct the error. The only problem is that in all likelihood, the hotel will simply remove itself permanently from C&P in the future (forever).
Once the lurkers corrected my reservation, the Liberty hotel has NEVER shown cash and points again...
So the answer is if there is no MLOS for the hotel/other rates then they can't impose one just for C &P. But if you get it corrected and honored, you'll probably never see C &P again at that hotel.
Thanks. Although I don't see your conclusion quite as forgone as you do, I do agree that getting too anal about the C&P rules (or lack thereof) can lead to exactly what happened. And I don't need the single night stay bad enough in this case to risk ruining the party for others.

Westin Palace typically only does weekend C&P in the fall, and does so right in the middle of peak season. For that, I'm thankful. I won't pay 16k/night to stay here, but I'm pleased as punch to do it at 4800 pts + $90/night.