MLOS only on C&P (Westin Palace Madrid)

Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
MLOS only on C&P (Westin Palace Madrid)

This is mainly for the lurkers, as I usually get confused on MLOS (minimum length of stay) requirements.

It's my understanding that if a hotel has an MLOS for their BAR/Flex rates, then that same policy can be applied to points/C&P stays.

However, if a hotel does *not* have an MLOS requirement for the BAR/Flex rate, then they cannot impose such a requirement on any sort of *p stay, correct?

I'm asking because the Westin Palace Madrid has a two-night MLOS for check-in on September 21, 2013. There is no such requirement for the Flex/BAR rate.

Is this permissible?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DHAST
This is mainly for the lurkers, as I usually get confused on MLOS (minimum length of stay) requirements.

It's my understanding that if a hotel has an MLOS for their BAR/Flex rates, then that same policy can be applied to points/C&P stays.

However, if a hotel does *not* have an MLOS requirement for the BAR/Flex rate, then they cannot impose such a requirement on any sort of *p stay, correct?

I'm asking because the Westin Palace Madrid has a two-night MLOS for check-in on September 21, 2013. There is no such requirement for the Flex/BAR rate.

Is this permissible?
My understanding of the rules is the same as yours for stays on points, although you should get the Lurkers to verify this and possibly help you. However, C&P might be different because the hotel isn't required to offer such rates even when standard rooms are available.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
I had this same experience with the liberty hotel in Boston. See thread on this.
If you contact the lurkers I'm sure they can help and correct the error. The only problem is that in all likelihood, the hotel will simply remove itself permanently from C&P in the future (forever).
Once the lurkers corrected my reservation, the Liberty hotel has NEVER shown cash and points again...
So the answer is if there is no MLOS for the hotel/other rates then they can't impose one just for C &P. But if you get it corrected and honored, you'll probably never see C &P again at that hotel.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by uapremier
I had this same experience with the liberty hotel in Boston. See thread on this.
If you contact the lurkers I'm sure they can help and correct the error. The only problem is that in all likelihood, the hotel will simply remove itself permanently from C&P in the future (forever).
Once the lurkers corrected my reservation, the Liberty hotel has NEVER shown cash and points again...
So the answer is if there is no MLOS for the hotel/other rates then they can't impose one just for C &P. But if you get it corrected and honored, you'll probably never see C &P again at that hotel.
Thanks. Although I don't see your conclusion quite as forgone as you do, I do agree that getting too anal about the C&P rules (or lack thereof) can lead to exactly what happened. And I don't need the single night stay bad enough in this case to risk ruining the party for others.

Westin Palace typically only does weekend C&P in the fall, and does so right in the middle of peak season. For that, I'm thankful. I won't pay 16k/night to stay here, but I'm pleased as punch to do it at 4800 pts + $90/night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.